The first thing to understand is that a circuit breaker can have tripped off even when it looks like it's in the "ON" position. This is because a circuit breaker will sometimes trip off internally, without the "ON/OFF" handle flipping to the "OFF" position.
This is what to do when you have a loss of power that you suspect may be caused by a tripped circuit breaker.
- Shut down any computer equipment that may be affected by a loss of power.
- Go to your circuit breaker panel and firmly flip the first breaker OFF and then back ON again.
- Do the same thing with each circuit breaker until you have flipped all of the circuit breakers OFF and then back ON again.
- Now check and see whether the device that didn’t have power is now back on again.
- If your power has been restored… you’re done! If your power is still out, it’s time to call a heating and air specialist.
Note: About 25% of all electrical power problems can be solved using the above technique. Good Luck!